Code of Conduct
1. Forced Labor: Suppliers shall not use forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, indentured labor, bonded labor, or otherwise. Suppliers must allow employees to keep their own identification documents and to resign from their positions at any time.
2. Child Labor: Suppliers shall not employ people younger than 15, or the minimum age for the completion of compulsory education, or the minimum age of employment required by law in the country of manufacture, whichever is highest.
3. Harassment and Abuse: Suppliers shall treat every employee with respect and dignity, and shall not subject any employee to physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse.
4. Nondiscrimination: Suppliers shall not subject any person to discrimination in employment (including hiring, salary benefits, advancement, discipline, termination, or retirement) on the basis of gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, social or ethnic origin or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
5. Health and Safety: Suppliers shall provide a safe and healthy environment to prevent accidents and injury to health from occurring and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Suppliers shall identify, assess and minimize the impact of emergency situations by implementing emergency plans and response procedures. These plans and procedures must include the following: emergency exits are accessible and fully functional at all times, fire extinguishers must be visible, accessible, present and charged, evacuation plans must be posted and drills must be conducted annually. Supplier shall identify, evaluate and control exposure to hazards and ensure the use of any applicable personal protective equipment.
6. Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining: Suppliers shall recognize and respect the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining. Management is encouraged to engage in direct communication with employees.
7. Wages and Benefits: Suppliers shall pay employees at least the minimum wage required by local law, or the prevailing industry wage if no minimum wage law applies, and shall provide legally mandated benefits.
8. Hours of Work/ Compensation: Employees should not be required to work more than 60 hours a week, or the maximum number of work hours per week permitted in the applicable country of manufacture, whichever is less, except in extraordinary business circumstances. Employees should be granted at least one day off in every seven-day period. In addition to their compensation for regular hours of work, suppliers shall compensate employees for overtime hours at the applicable premium rate in their country. In countries that have not established premium overtime rates, suppliers shall not pay employees less than their regular hourly rate for overtime hours.
9. Ethical Standards: Suppliers are held to the highest standards of integrity. Corruption, bribery and extortion are strictly prohibited. Suppliers must respect all intellectual property rights and applicable regulatory requirements of the countries from and to which they ship.
10. Environmental Impact: Suppliers must meet all applicable environmental laws and regulations in their country to manage hazardous materials and all waste and emissions materials. In addition, Suppliers are encouraged to have environmental policies, and environmental management systems containing goals with targets that are focused on the continuous improvement of overall environmental performance.
11. Animal Testing: We do not do any testing on animals. We also encourage all of the manufacturers and distributors that we feature on the Raw Office website to also not do any animal testing and to treat all animals in a cruelty free humane way.
12. Waste Management at The Raw Office: All Raw Office internal staff & contracted team members (Staff & Contractors) must use best efforts to minimize and eliminate Raw Office related waste going to landfill and pollution going into the water stream and atmosphere. To accomplish this, all Staff & Contractors must set up and utilize recycling, composting and e-waste bins at all company and home office locations. Staff & Contractors shall use best efforts to operate with a paperless office utilizing cloud and Saas technologies instead. Staff & Contractors must use best efforts to reduce water usage with low flow toilets and timed faucets when and where possible. Staff & Contractors must use biodegradable non toxic soaps and cleaner suppliers at all company and home office locations that have a Raw score of at least 4 stars.